- BA, University of Michigan.
- Public Policy Fulbright Fellow, New Zealand (author of “The Sorted Kiwi”).
- Graduate, Leadership Washington (Association Washington Business.
I am the very grateful mother of two true Pacific Northwest teenagers who were born and raised in Gig Harbor, in the same home we were fortunate enough to purchase at the North end of the Harbor when we first arrived in 2004. Each and every day reminds us to appreciate the unique beauty and character of our town and what a real treasure Gig Harbor is. We are so proud to call Gig Harbor home!
- Real Estate Agent, Better Properties Downtown
- Non-Partisan Policy Analyst (House Housing Committee), Washington State House of Representatives Office of Program Research
- Over 20 years’ experience with non-profit management, specializing in institutional development and marketing for organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Community Action Agencies, and the March of Dimes
- Economic Development (Main Street Program)
- Former Emergency Medical Technician
- Gig Harbor Parks Commissioner (4 Terms of Service between 2008-Present, Chair 2017-2019)
- Board Member/Vice-Chair, Communities in Schools of Peninsula (2017-Present)
- Pierce County Conservation Futures Citizens Advisory Board, City of Gig Harbor Representative (2017-Present)
- Gig Harbor Waterfront Alliance Economic Development Committee member & Downtown "Water Basket Waterer"
- Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee
- Founding (Past) Board member, Harbor WildWatch
- Peninsula School District Career and Technical Education General Advisory Council
- Peninsula Emergency Preparedness Coalition member
- Gig Harbor Suicide Prevention Coalition member
- Peninsula Wilderness Club member
As a Gig Harbor homeowner, parent, businesswoman, former Parks Commissioner, and active community volunteer, I understand the critical importance of protecting the unique character of Gig Harbor while continuing to promote economic vitality. With thoughtful leadership, Gig Harbor can achieve the balance of preserving our historic maritime character, supporting vibrant economic growth, preserving our natural resources, and ensuring a great quality of life. Together, we can make sure Gig Harbor keeps the small-town character that we all love for generations to come!
I am excited about working with stakeholders to protect our historic buildings, beautiful parks, and working waterfront, while supporting our businesses and pursuing new economic opportunities such as a marine fueling facility and docks for local fishing boats and our paddling community. I’ll advocate for high-quality shopping and restaurants in appropriate areas and ensure that all development is carefully planned so it fits with Gig Harbor’s character, is aesthetically pleasing, and takes into account infrastructure necessities. I’ll work for safe and uncrowded roads/sidewalks/bike paths, outstanding schools, and green spaces that provide recreational opportunities and highlight the natural beauty that makes Gig Harbor so extraordinary.