- BA, University of Michigan.
- Public Policy Fulbright Fellow, New Zealand (author of “The Sorted Kiwi”).
- Graduate, Leadership Washington (Association Washington Business).
I am the very grateful mother of two true Pacific Northwest teenagers who were born and raised in Gig Harbor. Each and every day reminds us to appreciate the unique beauty and character of our town. We consider Gig Harbor a real treasure and are so proud to call Gig Harbor home!
- Host of HarborChat on KGHP-FM
- Real Estate Agent, Better Properties Soundview
- Non-Partisan Policy Analyst (House Housing Committee), Washington State House of Representatives Office of Program Research
- Over 20 years’ experience with non-profit management, specializing in institutional development and marketing for organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Community Action Agencies, and the March of Dimes
- Economic Development (Main Street Program, Community Development Corporation)
- Former Emergency Medical Technician
- City of Gig Harbor City Councilmember (2020 – Present)
- Gig Harbor Parks Commissioner (4 Terms of Service between 2008-Present, Chair 2017-2019)
- Board Chair, Communities in Schools of Peninsula
- Pierce County Conservation Futures Citizens Advisory Board, City of Gig Harbor Representative (2017-2020)
- Gig Harbor Waterfront Alliance Economic Development Committee member & Downtown "Flower Basket Waterer"
- Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee
- Founding (Past) Board member, Harbor WildWatch
- Peninsula School District Career and Technical Education General Advisory & Leadership Councils
- Gig Harbor for Racial Justice
- Gig Harbor/KP Housing Coalition
- Peninsula Emergency Preparedness Coalition
- Gig Harbor Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Peninsula Wilderness Club
- Community event leadership for events including Gig Harbor Veterans Day and the Gig Harbor Lighted Car Parade
- Foster kitten mom to lots and lots of adorable kittens!
As a Gig Harbor homeowner, parent, businesswoman, City Councilmember and active community volunteer, I understand the critical importance of protecting the unique character of Gig Harbor while continuing to promote economic vitality and equitable opportunities that enable everyone to live happy, healthy and productive lives. With thoughtful leadership, Gig Harbor can achieve the balance of preserving our historic maritime character, supporting vibrant economic growth, preserving our natural resources, and ensuring a great quality of life. Together, we can make sure Gig Harbor retains the small-town character that we all love for generations to come!
I love working with stakeholders to conserve open space and habitat and to protect our historic buildings, beautiful parks and working waterfront. I’m also passionate about supporting our businesses, working on making sure we have accessible housing for everyone, and pursuing new economic opportunities such as a marine fueling facility and docks for local fishing boats and our paddling community.
I work hard to advocate for needed amenities in targeted areas while ensuring that all development is carefully planned so it fits with Gig Harbor’s character, is aesthetically pleasing and takes into account infrastructure considerations. I have a proven track record working for safe and uncrowded roads/sidewalks/bike paths, outstanding schools and green spaces that provide recreational opportunities and highlight the natural beauty that makes our Gig Harbor area so extraordinary.