Beginning April 16, Pierce County will return to Phase 2 of the "Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery" plan.
On January 11, Governor Inslee announced the Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery plan in response to increased COVID-19 cases. The guidelines affect restaurants and bars, retail and grocery stores, religious services, funerals and weddings, gyms and more.
Phase 2 guidelines include:
- Indoor social gatherings with people from outside your household should not include more than 5 people, limit two households.
- Outdoor social gatherings shall be limited to 15 people from outside your household, limit 2 households.
- Worship services allowed up to 25% indoor capacity.
- Retail stores, including farmers markets, allowed up to 25% indoor capacity. Curbside pick-up is encouraged.
- Professional services allowed up to 25% indoor capacity. Remote work strongly encouraged.
- Personal services allowed up to 25% indoor capacity.
- Eating and drinking establishments are limited to 25% capacity for indoor service. Outdoor dining and to-go service are permitted, provided that all outdoor dining must comply with the requirements of the Outdoor Open Air Guidance. Table size for indoor and outdoor dining is limited to a maximum of 6 people and 2 households.
- Wedding and funeral ceremonies and indoor receptions, and wakes are permitted and must follow appropriate venue requirements. If food or drinks are served, eating and drinking establishment requirements outlined above apply.
- Low and moderate risk sports competitions a permitted. Tournaments are not permitted. Fitness and training establishments can operate at a maximum of 25% capacity.
- Indoor entertainment establishments such as aquariums, theaters, arenas, concert halls, gardens, museums, bowling alleys, trampoline facilities, cardrooms and event spaces are open at a maximum of 25% capacity. If food or drinks are served, eating and drinking establishment requirements outlined above apply.
- Outdoor entertainment establishments such as zoos, gardens, aquariums, theaters, stadiums, event spaces, arenas, concert venues and rodeos can be open for groups of 15, with a maximum of 200 individuals including spectators.
In order to advance to Phase 3, Pierce County must meet both of the following criteria on May 3:
- Fewer than 200 new COVID cases per 100,000
population over 14 days
- Fewer than 5 new COVID hospitalizations per100,000 population per 7 days