Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee was established in accordance with state law to advise and recommend to the City Council on how lodging taxes collected in Gig Harbor should be allocated in order to best increase tourism in the city.
Volunteer members of the Lodging Tax Advisory Board may live outside city limits. The membership should be made up of the following:
- One member is an elected official of the City who serves as chair
- Four members are representatives of businesses required to collect the tax
- Four members are persons involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received from the tax
Applications for Lodging Tax Grants
Read more about the qualifications and process for applying for lodging tax grants.
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee meets at 11:00 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month.
Minutes & Recordings
The City of Gig Harbor maintains minutes of the official proceedings in which city business is conducted. The recordings and action minutes are posted and available to the public as soon as possible.
- Councilmember Seth Storset, Chair
- Collector 1: Sue Braaten
- Collector 2: Jannae Mitton
- Collector 3: James Karrer
- Collector 4: VACANT
- Receiver 1: Mary DesMarais
- Receiver 2: Jenny Wellman
- Receiver 3: Stephanie Lile
- Receiver 4: Lindsey Stover