GIG HARBOR, WA (March 17, 2020) - Gig Harbor Municipal Court met with city officials on Monday, March 16, 2020 to discuss the court’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning March 16, 2020, modifications to court operations are as follows:
- Jury trials are suspended through April 2020.
- If you are scheduled to appear for a criminal proceeding between March 16 and April 3, your hearing will be continued 60 days, with some exceptions. A summons will be sent to the address on file. Failure to appear will result in a bench warrant for your arrest.
- In-custody cases and other emergency matters will be heard weekly as scheduled.
- Jurors summoned between March 16 and April 30 are excused from service.
- Contested civil infractions are continued to the month of May or thereafter. You will receive notification of the new date in the mail.
- Mitigated civil infractions will be converted to hearings-by-mail only.
- Court staff will be available via telephone (253) 851-7808 or via email email@example.com
during normal business hours.
The Municipal Court will monitor the situation and re-evaluate court operations on April 3, 2020. The city website will be updated as new information becomes available.
For additional information contact Stacy Colberg, Court Administrator (253) 853-7619.
Press Contact: Laura Pettitt Roe
Tourism and Communications Director
City of Gig Harbor
t: (253) 853-3554 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org