Happy Friday Everyone,
Fall is approaching, kids are back in school and our long summer nights are coming to a close. We all pack a lot into our summers. At the city we are still in high gear doing many major goals. As I think about it, “What summer?”
I am pleased with Wade Farris, our new City Administrator. He has been here six weeks and is getting settled in. He will bring the leadership I am looking for.
I would like to thank departing Planning Director Jennifer Kester for all of the work she has given over 16 years. She will truly be missed, and we wish her the best at the City of Sea Tac and in her personal life.
Katrina Knutson has been gracious to step in as Interim Planning Director until our Community Development Director is hired hopefully in mid-December. She has all the qualifications and had been a Senior Planner at Kitsap County for over 10 years. We are working with the three Departments to allow our staff to have input and feel comfortable.
We are working on many tasks:
- Merging our Planning and Building Departments, creating a Community Development Department.
- Finalizing the 2019 budget with department heads prior to it going for council review.
- Finalizing our Comprehensive Plan with Council.
- Creating new employees polices.
- Continuing our work on creating a new Sports Recreation Center.
- Cleaning up outstanding bills, and situations in town that needed dealing with.
- Working to update our impact fees for transportation and parks which has not been done for many, many years. A more proportionate balance needs to be made from what comes in and goes out.
We hope to be deeding over the Pierce Transit property to the FISH food bank this coming Monday. This land that was given to us for this purpose. This will create a permanent home for FISH, who have been serving the community for 46 years.
Tomorrow, Saturday is our last clean up “for a while” at our new park at Soundview and Harborview. It is from 9 to noon. If anyone would like to come and volunteer, we have paths made and will be spreading bark. We are also looking for a name for the park, so please offer your suggestions. Email Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out to me with any questions. Until next time. Have a great weekend.