Adopt-A-Road is a citywide litter control program where volunteer organizations may contribute to a cleaner environment by adopting sections of a City road and removing litter along those sections. The program allows for volunteer organizations to demonstrate their commitment to making Gig Harbor the best (and cleanest) community in the area.
The City of Gig Harbor invites clubs, business establishments, or groups of concerned citizens to join the program.
For details, please contact the Adopt-A-Road Coordinator, Kris Szelmeczka, at 253-851-8136.
Please join us in keeping our City clean by participating in Adopt-A-Road!
Current Adopt-A-Road Sponsors
- Available for Adoption
- Olympic Drive (Hollycroft Street - Point Fosdick)
- 38th Avenue (Hunt to 56th)
- Boy Scout Troup 282 - Rosedale (Stinson to 54th)
- Conestoga Wealth Partners - Pioneer Way (Grandview Street to Soundview Drive)
- Edge Pilates Studio - Burnham Drive (Conan Fuel to 96th Street)
- Edward Jones - Harborview Drive
- EnviroCorps/Harbor Optical - Point Fosdick Drive (Olympic to 36th Street)
- EnviroCorps/Kelly's Cafe and Espresso - Peacock Hill Avenue (Vernhardson Street to N Harborview Drive)
- Peacock Hill (Vernhardson Street to 112th Street)
- Burnham (Woodhill - Sehmel)
- EnviroCorps/Mackert Automotive - Point Fosdick Drive (Olympic Drive to 38th Avenue)
- EnviroCorps/Rosedale Dental - Skansie Avenue (Hunt Street to Rosedale Street)
- Fred Meyer - 72nd Street (Wagner Way - 46th Street)
- Galaxy Theatre/Uptown - Briarwood Lane (Point Fosdick to 38th Avenue)
- Gig Harbor Democrats - 38th Avenue (City Limits - 56th)
- Gig Harbor YMCA
- Harbor Hill (Harbor Hill Drive and Borgen Boulevard)
- Borgen (Burnham to Peacock Hill)
- Guild Mortgage - Soundview Drive (Hollycroft Street to Harborview)
- Henderson Bay High School Leadership Class - Skansie Avenue (Rosedale Street to 96th Street)
- Kiwanis Club/Key Club - Wagner Way (Wollochet Drive to 72nd)
- Lions Club - North Harborview Drive
- Midday Rotary
- Hunt Street to Kimball Drive
- Burnham Drive (Conan Fuel to Borgen Boulevard Roundabout)
- Murphy's Landing Marina - Burnham Drive (Harborview to 50th Avenue)
- St. Anthony Hospital - Canterwood Boulevard (Roundabout to Baker Way)
- St. Nicholas Knights of Columbus - Stinson Avenue (Grandview to Harborview)
- Windermere Real Estate-Penny Jones and Jeremy Ritchie - Hunt (38th to Skansie Avenue)
The City wants to thank all of the Adopt-A-Road sponsors for doing such a great job.