Notifications on Planning Projects
The mission of the Planning Department is to:
- Preserve and enhance the existing character of the City.
- Provide excellent customer service to citizens, businesses, and land owners.
- Ensure that all land use and development activities occurring within the City conform to adopted codes and ordinances.
- Plan for the future expansion of the City's boundaries.
- Work with the Planning Commission and City Council to develop appropriate land use regulations and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.
The Department has two main functions:
- Current Planning - The review and regulation of land use permits for projects, such as subdivisions, apartments, commercial centers, and construction in critical areas.
- Long Range Planning - The development of appropriate land use regulations and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.