Located at 2700 Harborview Drive, the 0.31 acre waterfront mini-park overlooks the entrance of Gig Harbor Bay with a 180 degree view of the sand spit, Colvos Passage and Mount Rainier. This site has been used since the 1900's as the last farewell site for local fishing families as they wave farewell to commercial fishing boats on their way to Alaskan waters. A narrow footpath running along the bluff serves as pedestrian access to a cluster of historic cabins known as the Nesika Beach Community.
The old ferry landing at the end of Harborview Drive once provided access to Gig Harbor's second ferry landing constructed in the 1920's. The wood dock included a small cafe' that burned in the late 1930's. When the first Narrows Bridge opened in 1940, the landing was closed six months later when "Galloping Gertie" fell during a windstorm. Ferry service was reopened but not at the Old Ferry Landing. Instead, ferry service was provided at the end of Point Fosdick Road. Remnants of the ferry dock and piling are still visible.